Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tour Life

I have been on tour for a little over a year now!  I have seen some beautiful and wonderful cities across the U.S.  It is a gift to me, because, I have seen most of Europe, and realized that I haven't seen my own country!  There is some beauty out there!!!  Some people that I have met along the way that are awesome.  Some stunning Cathedrals, Amusement Parks, Fun Bars, and many other things.  Not to mention, the wonderful cast of new friends that I'm touring with.   So much talent, and always learning, growing from each other!

On a down note, I'm sick of living out of suit case.  There is something to be said about staying put, and having your same friends.  The stability of life, and seeing the same people at the gym, grocery store, neighbors.  The since of community, the yearning to take an acting class.  To be back in the city that never sleeps, and to have people over for American Idol!  To go on many auditions, and to better yourself as an artist.  To actually be able to try not to be single anymore, and try to make a life with someone special.  All these things, you CANT really do on tour.

I'm trying to learn to focus, I have an amazing job.  In this time when people are out of work.  I'm saving so much money, and better yet, I'm doing the show of my dreams.  I only have 5 more months left.  We are also leaving the states and going to Asia!  That is going to be an awesome experience in itself!  I can't wait, and I have excitement bubbling in my stomach for the trip to Asia!

It has been hard lately for me to be a tourist, sometimes, I just wanna stay in my room, and do my show at night!  Sometimes I don't even wanna go out in this town, that I should be taking advantage of.  After a year, of seeing new places, and meeting new people.  I just don't wanna anymore.  I don't wanna wonder the city to find CVS, a Hair Cut, and the Gym!  I don't wanna be lost on the streets.  I don't wanna find a good restaurant!!!  I JUST DON'T WANNA!!!!

What I'm learning from writing this, is again, to live life day by day!  And try to live it to the fullest.  Even when  your dreams come true.  Sometimes, you don't know what you got until it's gone.  All the cliche's that I have heard and  know.  I have just relearned, and have more clarity.
This tour journey, is one that I wouldn't give up for the world.  I do look forward to the future, and will try real hard to enjoy the moment!  Six months after I leave this tour, I will miss tour life.  I know, cause that is how life is.

5 comments:

  1. Yay R! I missing you! I love that you're blogging! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey boo, thanks for following me! It is freeing to write. I just began so I'm pretty knew to this (obviously)!!! I love you boo. I don't know how to follow you yet? I'm still trying to figure it all out! LOL..LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna get you on my RSS feed, for sure!

    And I hear you about not wanting to have to find the necessary places anew every city. It's a really nice thing to just know where to go--you know, how it is when you're home.

    I even get a little overwhelmed by finding a new stage door--those things can be tricky and I was not exactly gifted with directional skills, if you know what I mean. Luckily we get that descriptive email about the stage door's whereabouts every new city from our beloved PSM...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, a new and exciting blog to read! i'm excited to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwe, thanks Latshaw sisters!!!! LOL, that sounded like a 50's singing group...LOL..THE LATSHAW SISTERS! I'm very excited to write again!

    And Jessica, finding the stage door, is a mess, and YES thanks to Ray Gin, and is his crazy OCD, with long orientations, and directions...LOL..Gotta Love Him!!!!

    ReplyDelete