Friday, July 24, 2009

Women Can Do It Too

I'm driving in Pittsburgh, home from the gym, and there was a sign saying road work ahead. I think to myself "Oh Crap, I hate traffic". I'm just driving, radio blasting, and look out my window at the construction workers. Wait, hold up, what the heck, is that a girl? Yes it was, a female construction worker. Sweating in her hard hat, wife beater, Orange little construction jacket, timberland boots, just drilling holes in the ground. With this big old drill, that probably weighs as much as her. I couldn't believe my eyes, I just never in my life seen a women in that field, and probably "working" better than the men. Construction has to be a male dominate field. I wonder, how much fighting she had to do, to get this position. I loved watching her, she was doing construction things, LOL, I don't know what they do. She did it like it was nothing, in Pittsburgh of all places. Wow, it is definitely 2009, cause you would never see that in the past. Women, good for you, for progressing so much in the United States.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this--

    "she was doing construction things, LOL, I don't know what they do."

    is hilarious.

    And she better work!

    ReplyDelete