Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Bake Sale

The poor kids families want to do a bake sale, and due to childhood obesity they are banning the sale! This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life. One bake sale to raise money, is not going to stop fat kids from eating! I think they need to come up with a more realistic plan. I personally love a good bake sale, and as child, I was as thin as could be. I also loved the fact that it raised so much money for us less fortunate kids to be able to have computers, and go on amazing trips! Childhood obesity needs to start at home with love, and with a family. It has nothing to do with a bake sale. I am appalled to even see this story on the news!

2 comments:

  1. Who's stopping it? A church, a school--or something else? You're totally right--childhood obesity is a problem that gets dealt with in the home, where there can actually be diet regulations and exercise adopted into daily lifestyles. There will always be cookies and cakes in the world--and the fact that they exist isn't the problem--it's how kids are raised and the discipline exhibited by parents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school board! So WEIRD! I totally agree with you boo. You couldn't have said it better!

    ReplyDelete