Sunday, February 14, 2010

My First Love

There are pictures of me, banging on the keys of a piano at 3 years old. At 8 my mom made me take tap dance lessons, because she says I loved to danced, and I would dance off the beat. She thought maybe tap would give me some rhythm. I sang "The Greatest Love of All" in the 5Th grade talent show! I was obsessed with Solid Gold, and when I saw them dance, I wanted to do that, as I pointed at the t.v. and danced around the living room. I would write plays for my brother's and sisters to put on for the family. I was the writer, the director, and starred in them all. I got out of the public school system, and went to the Junior High School for the performing arts, where I was a vocal major. I then graduated to the High School for the performing arts, because I had done the musical "The WIz', and "The Boyfriend", and decided I wanted to be an actor. In High School, for two years I was a musical theater major, my junior year, I switched to the dance department just to strengthen my technique. My senior year, I moved back to the theater department. I trained everyday after school at the Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera Academy, where I took ballet, jazz, acting, voice lessons, voice and speech, and tap. On Saturday's I would go to the Center for the musical talented, and I would have another voice lesson, musical theater class, music theory, and sing in a big choir. I was a Civic Light Opera mini-star where I performed all over the city of Pittsburgh, with other kids, singing and dancing in revue type shows. I then went on to Niagara University on a full scholarship to study acting. The program wasn't intense enough for me, so I left and transferred to The Boston Conservatory. I moved to New York City, struggled for a bit, then booked many Broadway Tours, European Company's, Broadway Shows, Regional Theater Gigs, Cruise Ships, Soap Operas and Movies. I'm back in school training more as an actor, and taking everything back in, and trying to perfect the craft I have chosen. I am an entertainer, a actor, a singer, I dance, and that is always my first love. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY MY LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your amazing talent, my friend. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete