Friday, December 10, 2010

The Scottsboro Boys To Close!


One of the best musicals I have seen in my lifetime, with the most beautiful music, and talented cast is closing this Sunday! If you haven't seen it yet, please run to the theater and see this amazing show. This show as expected got high praises from the critics, and theatergoers all around have loved this production. For the show to close after only 6 weeks on Broadway is the biggest sin ever committed in Broadway history. This is insulting and so sad. It is scary the state Broadway is in. People want to see shows with folks flying, famous folks in it, and just fluff! It is so sad, that a great show, written well, with the most talented cast, and a story that has meaning that needs to be heard, CLOSES! I am very disappointed in tourist, Americans, and the intelligence of theater goers. Broadway is changing, and it is scares me. Where is the good work? When we do have good work, why does it close so fast? Do we have to do revivals, or Spider Man, or have someone famous in it for it to sell? What happened to the days when the unknown Broadway person was made into a star? All these questions have pondered my mind when Scottsboro Boys and another great show "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson" got a short life on Broadway. This hurts my feelings, and scares me in a way that I can't even explain..... Please read my past blog on The Scottsboro Boys to here my full review of the show. It is a sad day in the Broadway community......

No comments:

Post a Comment