Saturday, November 28, 2009

In The Next Room or The Vibrator Play




Last night I got a free ticket to "In The Next Room or The Vibrator Play", and I didn't know what to expect! The play is taking place in the 19Th century, and it is about a man who is a scientist, and he invents a vibrator for "medical use"! That is all the information I will give you! This is definitely an adult comedy, that is produced by Lincoln Center! I laughed so hard, I found the play very sexual, adult, and smart! The story was very simple and interesting, however, I didn't leave raving about this play. I found it to be such a simple story, that I felt like the major conflict wasn't strong enough! To the point where there were times I was thinking to myself "When is something major going to happen"! I know sometimes less is more, but for me this time less didn't work! The cast is very strong, and the talent up on that stage could not be denied! Every character has a resolve at the end, which is always nice to feel complete at the end of a play! I will say it was quite clever and I was entertained, just not a rave review from me! On a last note you do get to see complete nudity at the end of the play, which kind of shocked me! I don't mind nudity when it furthers the plot, and I definitely felt like you needed it, for the arc of the lead character! It was done very tastefully and the set was a beautiful stunning transition in the end! Well blog world this is my review on this play, more to come, as I have more free tickets next week. I love having friends in the business, I don't have to pay to see Broadway! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment