Saturday, January 16, 2010

Brooklynites

The weather outside for this time of the year, is insanely amazing! Today Brewster and I, got up, I took him for his morning walk, and feeling the inspiration of the weather, we decided to hit up Fort Greene park! It was stunning, and on my walk there, I saw some beautiful architecture in my neighborhood. Gorgeous buildings, and big beautiful churches, and felt a sense of history! Places, that I can't believe are just up the street from me. The culture of Brooklyn is so cool, hip, trendy, and fun. It is like being a part of a club, or another world that is still New York City, but almost cooler! I imagine all the people I see (Besides the crack heads) to be trendy, artist, or intellectuals. Everyone has a beard, and wears glasses (well not the women). Or they are just very artsy farsty. The families seem so current, young mom and dad, living some sort of professional life in the city, but Brooklynites by night. Not to mention that I do live around the corner from PRATT, and so many amazing artist are there. Everyone has a dog, so I fit right in, sometimes, I talk to the other dog owners on the streets for an half hour. I love the sense of neighborhood I am getting here. The restaurants, coffee shops, wine bars, and little boutiques, are so interesting, and inspiring. I have lived all over the globe, including in New York --Uptown, Astoria, Mid Town-Manhattan, but I think I found my home. A place that I would love to have roots, no matter where my career might lead me. I also am obsessed with the row of "Cosby Show" style Brownstones up and down my neighborhood. Makes me dream, even bigger, cause I would love to own one. Everyday, I meet new people, costume designers, painters, musicians, poets, film makers, and it inspires me the actor even more. I wasn't sure if New York City was a place I wanted to live, but Brooklyn, has confirmed it for me! Own a place in Brooklyn, and catch the train to Manhattan! I am going to make myself into a Brooklynite! What is a Brooklynite you might ask? Well I did some homework and looked it up for you. Brooklynites are natives of Brooklyn who often have had ancestry in Brooklyn for generations and speak with a Brooklyn accent. I have no ancestry, here, and no accent, but if I lay down roots, I'm sure I can make that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment