Saturday, January 23, 2010

Museum Project #1





Tiffany Cooper, the girl above, looking stunning in these pictures, is a dear friend of mine. Sometimes the hustle and bustle of life, keeps you so busy, that you find, you don't have time for friends. She also lives in Harlem, and I live in Brooklyn, and both of our schedules are crazy! Good friendships are so important to me, and Tiffany has time and again, proven herself to be such an amazing friend. Tiffany and I are going to take a journey together that I will blog about. This project is for us to broaden our horizons, but also so that I get quality time with my friend, not via, the phone! Therefore, Blog World we vow to try once a month, meet up, and each time we meet, we will go to a museum. We will take a cultural tour through many Museums in New York City! We will try to see extraordinary exhibits, and I will attempt to give you my opinion on them.

First Museum Date was this week, and we went to the Museum at FIT, which is all about clothes and fashion! You see Tiffany Copper loves to wear vintage 50's dresses, and she actually collects them. Just like the vintage dress she has on in the pictures above. My love for fashion, is growing, and growing as I get older. I'm not the vintage type of guy, but I do love a label time and again. I'm also intrigued by trends, and how they keep coming back, in and out, of our clothing lives. This first museum experience was free, and perfect for us. As we walked through FIT, we got to look at clothing, day and night looks from the eighteen hundreds through the present. It was fun to watch Tiffany's face light up when we hit the 50's and 60's! I was the opposite I loved the 20's with the flapper dresses, and the cute hats. I also loved Victorian time, which is probably too much work for women, with all the corsets etc. I so wish I could have taken pictures of this exhibit, so you can see for yourself. However, we asked, and they would not allow us. Now, you have to go for yourself and see, the evolution of fashion, and trend!

My only disappointment in the exhibit was that through the whole thing, I only found three suits, for men. We are always left out of things, when it comes to fashion. I believe men have statements to make with clothing. There trends would have been just as interesting. I will say that I was thrilled with with the three suits I did see, and I picked out my suit for the Oscars! LOL
Tiffany was in strong disagreement with the outfit I chose for myself, but I always want to make a statement, even if I'm on the worse dressed list. LOL

In the end, Tiffany and I had a great time together, and I'm excited about seeing more culture in the city. I feel I live here, and never take advantage of so many things, that I could be seeing! The knowledge I could be gaining, and now some quality time with my friend! If you like fashion, and want to kill some educational time, go to the museum at FIT, and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Your friend is beautiful and what a great idea...it's awesome to actually take advantage of the culture that surrounds us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I LOVE the article. Very well done J.R.. I felt like a star in your blog. What a spiritual experience in this museum and spending time with an AMAZING!! friend...YOu! I'm so proud of you and I always look forward to seeing your beautiful face.

    GREAT JOB~!!! I love you and can't wait for our next museum date...

    ps.Thank you so much Jessica for the wonderful compliment.

    ReplyDelete