Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Search is on...

Everyone knows how much I love the music ministry at The Brooklyn Tabernacle, and I have been going there for many years. GOD is all over that place, and musically there is none like this, beautiful sanctity of a church! Even the people singing next to you, are awesome, well, sometimes. When the music cuts out, and it is accapella, and just our voices united as one, is what gets me the most at The Brooklyn Tabernacle. However, other spiritual things I am searching for is missing from this church. Some of the things they preach I strongly disagree with. I'm not going to agree with everything my church preaches, but there are some things that I just can't handle anymore! I will leave this cryptic part of my entry at that. However, I do plan on visiting, and seeing The Brooklyn Tabernacle, as much as I can. I am on a search through out New York City, hopefully Brooklyn, (Don't want to travel to far) for a new church home! I want a place smaller than Brooklyn Tabernacle, where I can get a sense of community. I don't need the music ministry to be as amazing, but they do have to be good enough for me to survive the service(LOL). I am sure I can find what I want in this big city that never sleeps. If I don't, Brooklyn Tabernacle will be there, and I will continue to go there, but I will never join. I am just in the middle ground with this church, as awesome as it may be. Today I am going to Emmanuel Baptist Church, right up the street from my apartment. Pray for me and my journey to find the perfect fit for me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh JR--I know God has the right fit for you--but I will pray that you find it soon:)

    ReplyDelete