Wednesday, August 25, 2010

South Pacific




I finally got to see the Lincoln Center production of South Pacific. Which if you are my friend you know I call this musical South Pathetic as a code name. I will say there was nothing pathetic about this production. I am just sorry I never went to see the show live. I watched it on my tivo when it aired one of it's final performances on PBS. This show was so magical and beautifully directed. I loved what they did with the African American Soldiers while casting them and giving them work, they stayed true to the period, by keeping them separate from everyone else. The story is so classic, and usually is very boring. This production was so beautiful, flowed nicely, and the story telling was honest and simple, and I didn't fidget or have a bored moment once. I loved every moment watching this version of the show. Every performance was stellar, however I am sorry I missed Mathew Morrison's performance, as I would have loved to see him in the show. The stand out of the show was Paulo Szot performances. This man has blown me away, his acting, and that voice! WOW! That voice just enchanted my soul, and I honestly could listen to it all day and night! He was the heart and soul of the piece, and deserves his tony award!!!!! It was a blessing even if on t.v. to see a musical theater classic brought to life in such a superb way!

2 comments:

  1. Im so jealous. Sometimes I want to move to NYC just so I can watch plays all the time. Oh well... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, this is a great show for you...You must do it, at some point Tracy!

    ReplyDelete