Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nowhere Boy




When I was in Miami, I did manage to catch a movie, and I was searching for this film in New York City! Unfortunately in one of the most diverse, artistic, amazing cities in the world (New York City). I could not find "Nowhere Boy" anywhere but at two random theaters. Then in Miami, right down the street from my hotel this film was playing. I was so excited as I love bio films that are based off of legends lives. If you don't know this film is about John Lennon's beginning of his life. As I expected it was a brilliant movie, that left tears, joy, power and ambition in my soul. Lennon's story is so interesting, and the Beatles gain a whole new respect from me. I had no idea Lennon's childhood was so complicated, and how tough a boy he was, John was a bad ass. In my head Lennon is like the ultimate hippy, and to see this different side of him, was a thrill. I can't wait for this film to come out on DVD as I will definitely own it. It was so well done, and the acting was superb. Every actor was extraordinary, that I can't even single anyone out as a favorite. Which you can almost always expect from British actors. They just are trained well over there, and have mastered the acting art form. I highly recommend this film if you can find it in your hometown!

No comments:

Post a Comment