Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FARTS FROM THE PIT

I hate to bash anyone I'm working with, but last night was opening of ACL, in Memphis! We are all back from two weeks off, and from being back from Japan! Some of us, have 8 more weeks left, and are just here to enjoy our time left in this space. The show begins, and that horn sections starts playing! BABY, it was the worse sound I have ever heard in my life! Memphis, is supposed to be home of the blues, Elvis, etc. I know that they got some good horn players here somewhere!???? It got worse and worse, and poor Cassie dancing for her life on stage, had to hear at the end of her number, as the trumpet tries to hit these high riffing notes. poot, poot poot, then a big one POOOOOOOT! Just loud big old farts from The Pit! I mean HUGE FARTS, it sounded hideous! That is the one down fall, about traveling a show, and trusting that a new orchestra in every city is going to be good! WOW, maybe it will be better today? That is my one positive thought on the subject!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. so true. I was also pretty surprised by the sounds coming from the pit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that previous comment was all sorts of confused - I can't multi-task! LOL!

    What I WANTED to say was I didn't know they hired the orchestra from the city you sit in! Woah! I learn something new everyday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that is how every national tour works..New orchestra each city! You never know what you are going to get!

    ReplyDelete