Monday, September 14, 2009

MT'V'S V.M.A. AWARDS





Not really wanting to watch T.V. just pondered through the guide in hopes to find something good on. What? The V.M.A. awards are on, oh they win! I stopped on MTV which I haven't watched in a very long time, except when "Run's House", is on the air! Anyway, I watch the red carpet, and see Lady Ga Ga and Kermit the frog get out of a limo! Hmmmm? I think this will be an interesting night of television. My nieces jumping around me "Uncle James", "Uncle James", I say "Shhhh, Uncle James has some important t.v. to watch"! LOL! They sit quietly sprawled across my lap, as the awards show starts! Here is my thoughts and opinions and highlights of V.M.A.'s on MTV! A surprised J.R. had an amazing night, and didn't even know it was about to happen. This was the best V.M.A.'s since Madonna crawled on the floor singing "Like A Virgin" or Michael Jackson (RIP) moonwalking across the stage, and throwing his hat into the audience.

MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE

To begin the night off, we had a tribute to Michael Jackson, which started with a beautiful touching speech from Madonna! Which actually put a tear to my eyes. It was one of the highlights of the tribute! Then, out came some dancer's re-creating all of Michael's old video's on stage live! Which kind of bored me, I have seen those moves before, and was hoping other artist would sing and dance his music. More interesting to me, would have been Usher Re-creating Thriller, with the dancer's behind him. Justin Timberlake, re-creating I'm Bad, singing and dancing! Janet Jackson re-creating the classic Bille Jean VMA moment. That would have been a thrill! MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE DIRECTED, LOL! Then, Janet Jackson came out, did "Scream" lip syncing, and I thought to myself who is that fat girl in the middle! (Sorry Janet, I actually prefer you chubby)! But that was my first reaction, Oh it's Janet! She struggled through scream, and it just all lacked luster. But I applaud them for trying, most people seemed to love it. This is just my opinion! At the end of the day, Michael is in heaven, and is probably loving every moment of it!

TAYLOR SWIFT V.S. KANYE WEST

OOOO the big drama of the evening happened right before my eyes! Taylor Swift, (Beautiful 17 year old country singer), wins an award, and beats out GAGA and Beyonce. In the middle of her speech: Kanye takes the microphone from her, and announces, to the world. That Beyonce had the best video out there, this year! Then gives the microphone back to Taylor to finish her speech! DRAMA! That poor 17 year old girl didn't know what to do! It was amazing television, and facebook friends went up and arms..Every one's status was hating on Kanye! OK I will say this, I DO NOT CONDONE ANY OF WHAT KANYE DID, , and IT WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE. However, I actually agree with him!!!! That man is CRAZY as they get, and I still can't hate, because his music is genius. At the end of the day, I still will listen to Kanye West, and I still would love to go to a Kanye concert! He just spoke his mind, and hey Taylor Swift, might want to thank Mr. West. He just made her even more famous and likable! I foresee her dollar amount going up, even higher after this drama filled occurrence!

LADY GAGA

OK, I couldn't stop laughing, at Lady GaGa! When you call someone pushing the envelope in fashion. That Lady GaGa is doing it, and doing it well. Her outfits, had me on the floor! But still screaming to myself YES DO IT BOO! I love every moment of the dramatic flare. Her performance, was even more dramatic then the outfits. She danced Hip Hopish, She rolled on the floor, She gave you acting, she looked strange, and then put blood all over her body, and was sexy! Not to mention the vocals were on point, which, I can't say for alot of young artist!

PINK

OK Pink sang upside down on a trapeze! That is all I have to say! KUDOS PINK!

BEYONCE

The last song I wanted to see performed again was "Single Ladies", it is just over kill in my book! BUT, only Beyonce could make me watch that number one more time, and have me at the edge of my seat. She started it as a ballad, then took us to the traditional choreography, then dance break time, broke it down for us, then (in case you don't think she was singing live) gave the mic to an audience member to join in, finally a million single ladies came on stage and danced it with her. This performance was amazing, and thrilling! DON'T SLEEP ON BEYONCE!

BEYONCE THE CLASS ACT

Finally Beyonce won an award for Music Video Of The Year, and proceeds on the stage and says "I remember being 17 and winning my first VMA with Destiny's Child, and How thrilled I was"! Then she call's Taylor Swift up to the stage and says "Mrs. Swift, if you can give the speech you were trying to give earlier"! Taylor Swift had her moment at last, and thanks to the class act Beyonce Knowles!

JAYZ AND ALICIA KEYS

There new song about the big bad apple, is off the chains! I loved every moment of it, and it is a great anthem for the amazing New York City!



Again this my opinion on the VMA's, and I enjoyed my evening very very much!

7 comments:

  1. You can agree with Kanye.. but don't you still want to punch him in the face? I was enjoying your status updates on Lady Gaga on FB. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this, JR--I missed all of it cause well, I never watch a lot of tv anyway, but I wish I had watched this! Of course, I had to youtube the Kanye/Swift moment--WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with every single word james. especially the kanye stuff. kudos for ur honesty baby boy! Scooby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get what you're saying about Kanye. But, you can appreciate someone's music and still think they're an asshole. Just because you you like someone's music, does not make them a good person. And moreover, he had no right to speak his mind at that point. He wasn't even presenting and he stormed onstage and interrupted the show. I like "Love Lock Down" too, but I can still hate, and think he's an asshole.

    I am glad Kermit finally came to the VMAs after all these years though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That why I said I DON"T CONDONE HIS BEHAVIOR, AND THINK IT IS UNACCEPTABLE! in captial letters! LOL!

    But I still love Kanye West!

    And Kermit was cute, but not as cute, as Lady GA GA! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I saw it before my stinking DVR bit the dust and erased it! :-(... Booooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo, you can u tube the whole thing..And I promise MTV will repeat it over and over again. soon!

    ReplyDelete