Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Feel The Music In Me

Yesterday, was a musical day for me, and I forgot how much I love music. I take for granted the fact that I sing as profession, and sometimes forget why I do what I do! Music has been a part of my life since I was 5 years old, sitting at a piano banging on the keys. Singing is how I got into this business, and is the start of my acting/dancing career. The voice came first and is always my first true love.

Yesterday, I sat back stage before the show, with my ipod blasting in my ears. Feeling the music, flow through my body, and feeling my soul, and heart get possessed. The feeling is indescribable, and genius if you can feel what I feel when I listen to music. I close my eyes, and see colors, my heart beats fast, then images of childhood or memories of the past come flipping in my head! Music, is the key to my heart and soul! After experiencing this wild pre-show lift. I decided to cut off all my lights at the hotel and listen to random play on my ipod! It was one of the most magical evenings I have had in a while! I sang, I cried, I laughed, I smiled, I yearned, and I prayed! For example, "Crush", by David Archuleta, (a cheesy pop song), took me to a whole other world. A friend played it for me, and it so happens to be the same friend, that I relate the lyrics too. Then the Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited", entered on my ipod. All these memories of this song as a child came rushing through my head, and the lyrics took me to the excitement of seeing Manhattan again on Monday! Which, made me dance like Tom Cruise in my underwear and t-shirt all over my hotel room! Music, is so deep, magical, and very powerful. Finally when the classical music hit my ipod, WOW, forget about it! There is no lyrics, I make my own story in my head. Imagination runs wild, and my musical experience takes flight! I decided that I need to have a listening session, once or twice a week. I will give this gift to myself, because music truly makes me happy!

3 comments:

  1. You and me both, friend! I hardly have to time to brush my teeth these days, let alone actually sit, relax, and listen to some music! I hope your heart is happy today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much beautiful, enjoy the music, and think of me at some point! LOVE YA LOTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome time, JR! And it's true--music is powerful and transcendent; it goes beyond all barriers and I couldn't imagine life without it!

    ReplyDelete