Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Finding Me 3

My film acting class is coming to an end, and I will be finished with it next week. I have learned a ton about my type, and myself as an actor. Scene's that work for me, and scene's that I have a problem connecting with, how to make them work for me. The class has been so much fun, and I am going to miss not having it in my life weekly! New things about me, I was always told I am leading man. I recently found out that I am not, and love to play the best friend! I am good at the best friend, and I love to play character roles. My actor teacher says I am the black Brad Pitt, a character actor, who is trapped in a normal man's body! Anything corky, fun, and dark, dry comedy is right up my alley. It was nice to find out, that I can do comedy. However, I'm not that good at sitcom, in your face kind of comedy. It has to be dry and dark, I like to play things seriously, and find out that the whole class is dying with laughter at my moments. As I said before I just love every aspect of acting, and I'm so glad to be a part of this amazing industry. My strength is still in the drama world, this is my niche and my cash cow.

Now one more class to go for me, and that is a commercial class that I start this Thursday. My manager is making me take this class, before she starts sending me out commercially. Yet again, to learn a whole new medium of acting, one that can pay my bills, until I get that big gig! I also have my final showcase for people in the industry in June, and I'm preparing for that as we speak. I have been training hard for almost six months, and I have learned a ton. After the commercial class, and the showcase. I will be finished with classes for a while. Daddy can't afford it anymore, now time to make some money. Here is to working hard, and finding a job, from here on out! Wish me luck, as I put myself back full fledged in the performing market.

No comments:

Post a Comment