Thursday, April 22, 2010

Creditors



I saw the production of "Creditors" presented by the Donmar Warehouse, at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Which I am now a supporter, and patron. It sounds so "old man" to be a patron of a institution. If I was to become a patron anywhere, BAM is the place, to give your money and support. It is in my neighborhood, and it puts on some of the most cultural, and amazing pieces of music, dance, film, and theater. Anyway, back to the play I saw, Creditors was an amazing piece of work. As I watched I thought to myself "how do you even attempt to start this work as an actor"? I was so impressed by all the actors in this piece. They were all superb, and we American can learn so much from the British! I also loved the script, it was very engaging, and dealing with the dept we rack up from doing things for a spouse, and or yet even an X-lover (a very intelligent piece of work). This was a hard piece to even attempt, as it was simply about the text. The text was the star of the show, and to emote, and use the words to tell an awesome story, was amazing. This actors had the moment to moment down to a science, as the text ping ponged from one actor to another! It was was amazing to watch these pros at work, and to yet again learn from another experience at the theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment