Monday, April 5, 2010

Why Did I Get Married Too



I went to see Tyler Perry's new movie "Why Did I Get Married Too", and had the time of my life at the theater. I am such a movie goer, (as you all know), and love to have a whole experience at the movies. Therefore, many movie theaters I will not go to in New York City, because of the clientele, being loud and noisy. I love to watch a movie and take it all in with silence, and appropriate laughter if it is a comedy! However this time I purposely chose the loudest, most ghetto theater in New York City to go see this movie in (AMC on 42nd Street). This was the best choice I have ever made in my life, to hear folks scream at the film, laugh loud, talk back to the actors, make jokes, hoot and holla in a Tyler Perry movie, is the only way to go! Was the movie predictable at times? yes! Was it shocking and over the top? yes! Like always with Tyler Perry was there a strong beautiful message? Yes! Did I have an amazing time at the movies! YES!!!! This movie did exactly what it was cut out to do, and made you feel the way you were supposed to at all times. BRAVO to Tyler for giving so many African American actors work!!!! I will point out that Janet Jackson's performance in this movie was superb. You can tell she dug deep from her big brother's death, and it must have been a therapeutic experience for Janet! Her acting chops were so strong, and she was so connected, and in it to win it! I honestly feel that all the actors grew from the first movie to the current. Other stand outs in the movie are: Tasha Smith, Michael Jai White, and the amazing Jill Scott! Go have fun, and see Why Did I Get Married Too!

No comments:

Post a Comment