Sunday, April 11, 2010

La Mission



I went to see Benjamin Bratt's new film "La Mission", which is a movie written and directed by his brother Peter. It was such an unexpectedly thrilling movie. I spent the movie crying through most of the scenes. I had to blog about this movie, it was so touching, and dealt with so many issues, in the Latino community. I will correct myself, and say it dealt with many issues in ANY community. As this movie is a universal picture, however, it was a little personal for me. It was also nice to see a good piece, done by a mostly Latino cast. It is good to see Latinos finding there place in American cinema. I hope this family team continues to make more films, because it is missing in today's America. The performance where all stellar, although, there was some writing issues, and directing issues. However, I overlooked them because the piece was so good, in many other ways. It made me want to see the movie again, and own it. Go support what I think is a great piece of cinema "La Mission"!

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you learn from everything you see, JR. It says a lot about who you are and how much you will continue to grow and learn in the crafts you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love to watch good and bad work my friend. If I wasn't a actor, my dream would have been a film/theater critic, so I think I let it out a little on my blog! As you said "growing, learning, stage, and film" is really research for me. I love what we do for a living my friend! Thanks for acknowledging and seeing my passion! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete