Friday, April 16, 2010

Decisions And Prayers

All this week, I have been praying, stressing, and challenging myself with a new fear. If you read my blog, I have been taking my time, and meeting with a ton of agents and managers. I want to do this right, and not rush into anything. I'm looking for the right fit for me, and most of all someone that believes in me, and what I have to offer to the world as an artist! I have found new representation for me, but the catch is this person wants to sign me for longer than I have ever signed a contract in my life. My commitment issues are racing through my head. I have been burned by bad representation before, and this is my career I'm talking about here! However, our meetings have been great, and I like the energy I get from this firm. I'm scared, of signing, and being stuck with someone I don't like, if things don't happen in the direction I was promised. I am writing this because, I would love for prayers from my blog friends. I need guidance, I'm trying to listen to GOD in this moment, and I'm hearing nothing but crickets. LOL My mind races, and my answer to this keeps going back and forth. One moment I'm signing the contract, and the other I am not! Mind you I have asked to be signed for a shorter amount of time, and the answer was "no" they want to develop my career. Entrusting my professional life to someone else is a big step for me. Pray for me that I make a sound decision, that will help me make my dreams come true. Thanks Blogger Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Trust your instincts. Most of the time, they're right. Also, just find out what the clause is if you want to break your contract. You can do this!!! If you have good vibes from this person - do it!!! Your heart knows what you need, don't let your "rational" mind talk you out of a good partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear JR--I am on it. and I know you will know what's right. :) love, love, love...

    ReplyDelete