Monday, June 21, 2010

Broadway Bares


Last night I went to an awesome performance of Broadway Bares, the time of the year, when the Broadway community gets together and strip for charity! It was hot as hell up in the Roseland Ballroom, literally and fugitive! With sweat pouring down my face, and watching some of my closest friends get naked, it was so much fun! The show pulled out all of the stops, with performers like Christin Chenowith, Alan Cumming, Bruce Valanch, Lucy Lu, Vanessa Willams, and many many many more. The show raised approximately one million dollars to support Actors Equtiy Cares, which is an organization that helps people living with HIV and Aids! The theme this year was monopoly, and I give it to the creative team this year, for amazing fun, creative juices, and lots of sexual exploration!

Highlight performances for me is Sebastion La Cause, John Caroll, Tracy Wholf, Michael McGurk, Adam Hart and Alex Ringler. OK OK OK I just lied, they were great, but that was me being bias, cause I just listed all my friends. LOL! Truly my favorite performances of the night was Vanessa Williams, who was class act, stunning, and mesmerizing on that stage. Rachelle Rack, dancing her face off, up there, and tearing off her pasties at the end of her number. Katie FInnerian's amazing funny skit with Jen Cody, was awesome. My friend John Caroll's Jersey Shore number was actually really spectacular! Lillas White missing her entrance and coming out on Cheyenne Jacksons entrance, just about had me laughing so hard, that I was crying. There was a beautiful Asian number, with people flying, and it was stunning to the eye! Lucy Lu had an amazing one liner "No I have never hosted the view", had me chuckling loudly! My all time favorite number was the "water sports" number, it was so funny, and made my evening! All of the dancers performed with grace, and there bodies were sick this season!

Broadway Bares was a great evening, and I got to be with some amazing friends. Stripping for a good cause, I am all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment