Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Piece Of Work: Joan Rivers



I had the privilege of seeing one of the most brilliant documentaries there ever was. "A Piece of Work", the Joan River's story, is an up close look at one of the funniest women alive. To see her passion, love, for what she does was enough for me. However, this story goes deeper into this women's personal life! It is her struggle to work, struggle to be beautiful, struggle as a caretaker, struggle with the critics, struggle with her love life, and struggle to support her lifestyle. Not to mention that I laughed so hard at the theater, and so loudly, Joan is the queen of comedy! I know you would probably think to yourself another documentary, but this is so interesting, entertaining, and well done. At one point, I even found a tear fall down my face, while watching, and identifying with her pain. I won't go on more about this movie, because you have to see it. Joan Rivers is a true piece of work, and a piece that I want to see, and treasure for a lifetime!

1 comment:

  1. I love Joan! Entertainment weekly said her doc was the must see movie of the summer, ( I already saw it lol) and they are absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete