Monday, October 19, 2009

Rumors

What's the buzz, tell me what's a happening! What's the buzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzz! Rumors, Rumors, Rumors, now to put the rumors to rest! I have heard two rumors about me at the theater, from many people! Therefore, I'm going to come clean today, and tell the truth, nothing but the truth!

Did I write an email to my stage manager Ray Gin, and say" I ain't coming in"! ? Nothing more just that phrase, hmmmm, well, I don't quite remember, but I'm sure I said something like that! It was a short and sweet email, that I sent on a day I was calling out! You see, in Japan we got to email our call outs, and I think I did write that email. I'm sure , it also said, Love Always J.R. Whittington at the end! That rumor is true, Hey what else was a boy to say?

The second rumor I heard was that "I didn't want to go on for my covers anymore, and that I would call out, of every show, if I was put on from now until the end of the contract"! FALSE, if you know me, you know that I love money, and I want it all the time. I would never call out, of the show, for that reason! I think it all started when I was supposed to be on for Richie a couple of weeks ago, and I called out of the show! Most people thought, I wasn't really sick, and that I was calling out, cause I hate that role. True I don't like playing Richie, and it is not one of my favorites! I don't connect with him, at all, like I do my other covers. However, that is a challenge, that I love as an actor, to push yourself to become someone you are not! To find, that person deep in the depths of your soul! Yes I think his song is way too high, and male voices shouldn't be singing that high! Yes he does jump around the show, hookin, buckin, in a stereotypical African American way, that I hate. With all of that aside, I WOULD NOT CALL OUT FOR THAT REASON. I LOVE A CHALLENGE! I actually woke up that morning steamed, showered, did a vocal warm up, and the notes weren't coming out they way I wanted them to. I would prefer, to call out, if I can't give my performance 100%! Contrary to popular belief, I do love what I do, and I have lasted in this business, because I have a passion for my job! I may want to do another show, and be ready to go, but I don't comprise the gift that I have now! This isn't my FIFTH Big Production Equity Contract for no reason!

Well, I thought I would put the rumors to rest!

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I LOVE that the first rumor is true.

    Second of all--I went straight to you and asked you if the second rumor was true, and when you said it wasn't, I believed you...Just wanted to put that on the record for posterity.

    Had a great time tonight, btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know boo, I know, you did ask me, but other people, including someone in stage mangement, made a mean falst statement..so I had to write about it! Anyway, I had a blast, and love ya too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe someone would think you wouldn't go on for your covers friend! You're too honest to do that! ... Me on the other hand... ;-)

    ReplyDelete