Friday, October 2, 2009

Big Crazy Susie

Last night coming home, in a taxi, the driver had his girlfriend in the front seat of the car! She entertained me the whole ride home, she said "My name is Crazy Susie, and I was born here in North Carolina"! She was very friendly, loud, opinionated, and you can tell she loved to eat! She sat up in that seat with her shoes off, just as ghetto fabulous as you can get! Yelling about North Carolina, and questioning New York City! Dreaming of moving away from the south, and laughing at everything in site! It was interesting how free she was to talk about her life! I really was entertained by her in the cab! Her big loud southern drawl, braids in her hair, and feet on the dashboard! I was enlightened by this lady, and her dreams. I loved that she dreamed big, and how she wanted the moon and the stars! It reminded me of myself, and all my dreams, that sit in the pit of my stomach! I hope Crazy Susie gets out of Charlotte, and everything she spoke of in the car that night, will become a reality! Lots of people speak about doing something big, but never follow through! I rode home listening to Susie, and dreaming big in my head! I know what I have to do, and I pray that she figures out her needs! I wish more cab rides home, had a crazy Susie in them! It was a fun way to get home, to dream the impossible, to laugh at the sites, to feel compassion for someone else, to learn about Charlotte, and to arrive at your destination, almost feeling a new!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, feet on the dashboard? Ooooh, that is crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete