Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Temper

I know, I must seem like an angel, and the sweetest guy in the world! (NOT) I used to have a terrible temper, when I was young boy, and all through high school! I had to learn through out my years here on this planet to wheel it all in! It sometimes starts to flare, and I it takes everything in me, to keep it under control! I must admit It takes a whole lot for it to come out, but when it does, it is not a pretty thing.

Yesterday, I went out with some cast mates, and had a wonderful time! I think I was the only one that was sober, but I still had a great time. We ended up at White Castle, for food at 3 am, and was enjoying the end of our evening! A tall red head in our show, said "Goodbye", with a flirty smile, to a drunken group of guys sitting across from us. One of the guys just so happen to be a violent drunk. He began to challenge our table, with a whole bunch of, immature, I wanna fight you statements. I just stared at the stupid guy with a glare, that I'm sure, was penetrating right through him. It was my turn, and he choose to say to me, "You eyeing me bro, you got a problem"!? I had to breathe, in my head the room was spinning, my blood was racing, and I was ready to fight! It took one small comment for this rage, at the pit of my stomach, (that I had kept suppressed for most of my adult life) to boil to the top of my head. As he taunted my friends, I'm sure I looked crazy, because I was breathing, and telling myself to keep your mouth shut! It was the hardest exercise in my life! I was ready to start some crap up in the middle of the White Castle! I made it, and the man finally left, but I didn't keep my eyes off of him, for not even a second! It was night of realization for me. I found out that the ghetto boy, that has no fear, with a big mouth, is still somewhere deep inside of me! I pray, that no one ever pushes it to come out again! SCARY!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to keep your cool, friend. That takes a lot of strength! ... But call ME ghetto, I can't wait to see you let it all out on some TV show or movie or something. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! That is always a good outlet to let out emotions side of yourself to appear, that you keep locked away! ACTING, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was also the protect-your-friends boy inside of you, and he would have come out if he needed to. That's why your friends are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have taken him . . .but I'm glad you didn't. People are CRAZY! Remember: Karma's a bitch. He'll get what's coming to him. . .

    ReplyDelete