Monday, March 15, 2010

I Must Be Crazy

I was speaking with my roommate asking her if I was insane in the brain? However, she just listened to my story, and walked out of the room laughing at me. Now I will bring the question to the blog world. I do something that is not the most Christian thing in the world. Wait, that sounds funny, I do many things that aren't so Christian, as I am sinner, just like everyone else. One second, this blog is going down the wrong path. Here is my story, sometimes when I have an audition or a performance, I ask the spirit of my ancestors to come and sit with me while I do my thing. I will pray to GOD, then talk to the dead people that I think are watching over me, and ask them to be with me through out my experience. Tell me am I crazy? I might even sometimes invite Sammy Davis, or Cab Calloway or some dead idol of mine, to come watch over this show, and ask that I be connected to some of what they were giving to the world. WOW I am crazy, however, it works for me, and I truly believe they are with me! The energy, and power of these moments, has always protected me, with auditions, and performances! Now I still pray to GOD, but sometimes I want my ancestors/idols with me in the room. My roommate says "I can continue to do this, but I shouldn't tell my pastor"!

3 comments:

  1. You know the bible talks about a "cloud of witnesses" who watch us and sort of cheer us on. I always thought they were the great people of God who were here before us...I am not sure that they can hear any of our prayers, though;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say whatever works works. To me, asking people to watch over you, or praying, or whatever is you do to help yourself is good because it's all just putting positivity into the universe. Do what works for you and what you believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS ALEX AND JESS! YOU BOTH ROCK! JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR!

    ReplyDelete