Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Scottsboro Boys




I went to see Kander and Ebbs last musical they ever wrote "The Scottsboro Boys", which was directed and choreographed by Susan Stroman! I was so touched, by this master piece on stage. First of all this is a true story, that is so tragic and important to African American History. The fact that I knew nothing about it, is just ridiculous. To see nine African American MALE triple threats on stage at once, was so overwhelming! The book was so strong for a musical, but how can you go wrong with a true story? The talent on that stage was unreal, and I was so impressed with Susan Stromans staging, and they way she took care of such an amazing African American story! The music was superb, who would have thought listening to Black folks sang "Cabaret", and "Chicago" style music in a "Mammy" type of way would be so exciting and brilliant! Hats off to the cast, and the extreme talent on that stage. I have to give a shout out to Brandon Victor Dixon, he was a star, and was beautiful in this piece! His acting and vocals were stellar, BRAVO BRANDON! I don't want to talk about the plot too much, because I want you to all come to New York and support this great work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment