Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The American


Last night I went to the movies to see The American, and I had no desire to see this movie. As the previews make it look like the biggest action movie ever, and surprised to say it wasn't. You see I hate plot less action flicks, James Bond, Rambo, etc. any of those flicks get on my nerves. Unless it is like The Borne Identity, or 24 and actually has a good plot. I was surprised when I saw The American, it was nothing like what I expected from the previews of this film. It was smart marketing to get people in the seats, and I am sure most action movie folks were disappointed. I, however, was a very happy camper, as I fell in love with this film. I should have known George Clooney wouldn't just do some fluff. The silence in this movie is riveting, and the acting is so simple, gritty, honest, and AMAZING! George Clooney was a Revelation, and I enjoyed his performance so much! The movie was so awesome, that I want to own it, and watch it over again, as I am obsessed with the simplicity, silence, and pure genius of the whole film.

No comments:

Post a Comment