Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo #1


This blog entry will be a three part series, as I write about the book, the Foreign Film, and the American film.

As I ride the train, I would see this yellow book in every ones hand. I finally got a glimpse of what everyone was reading, and I went to the book store and bought it. "The Girl With The Dragoon Tattoo", was the title of the book, I read the back of it, and it seemed very interesting, and different for me. What they heck, everyone was reading it, so I thought why not? I started to read the book, and I had to read the first chapter twice. I had no idea what heck the writer Stieg Larsson was talking about. It was so confusing, and filled with so many facts. My brain hurt, but something in me said keep on going. I got to about chapter five, and I almost gave up again. This book is so so so boring! I felt illiterate, as if my reading comprehension was not up to snuff. Again I decided to challenge myself, and keep on going. When I tell you, I am so happy I took this challenge, as I kept reading this book, it got so amazing. The story is so well written, and intense. I am obsessed with the character the girl with the dragon tattoo named Salander. I can envision her in my mind and had an instant connection to her. The story is filled with drama, murder, mystery, journalism, fight, sex, and revenge. The mystery and intrigue in this book is so intense, that I couldn't put it down. I am so excited to see the film, the foreign film is first on my list in my netflix queue. The American version is not released yet, and I can't wait to report to you on both of them. I want to be more detailed in my blog entry, but I won't give it away. I think everyone should join me, and the folks on the train, and read this book. It is writing at it's best, and it is a story that I promise will keep you on the edge of your seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment