Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 3 Tokyo!



Today I woke up, and didn't even go to the gym..I just sat in my room, and had some fruit. I was so freaked out from last night's earthquake! I am fine now, and am finally on track with the time difference. Just in time, because tomorrow evening is opening night in Japan. We have a rehearsal in the morning, then the show in the evening. 5678, Here We Go!

I went with Anthony Wayne (Richie) to Old Tokyo Asakusa! It was alot of fun, with some great architecture and the oldest temple in Tokyo! We also had a great dinner there, which was even more difficult to order, because they didn't have an English Picture Menu. We had to fend for ourselves. The food was great, but again I hated the desert. I don't think asian deserts are my thing. Anthony is such a cut up, and we had so much fun, acting a fool together in the city. Asakusa was a good example of what Tokyo used to be! Everything was so small, and I hit my head very hard coming out of the bathroom door. LOL! The customs are so different, Anthony ordered some ice cream, and the yelled at him to eat it in the back..So we had to go to the back of the store while he ate. They frown upon walking around with food, it is very rude in there custom!

We ended our evening in Shinjuku, and this reminded me of a very modern, high technological version of New York City. It was full of lights, and many bars, and shops. This was very cool to see in the evening! The night life was interesting, there big clubs fit like 22 people inside them. Everything is downsized, very small, and so strange. I felt like I was on the set of Miss Siagon half of the time. We met a transgender on the streets, she introduced herself as an he/she...hmmm??? Funny!

Lastly, I pray for a goodnights sleep, NO EARTHQUAKES PLEASE!!!!! It's 12:27 am and feel good about going to bed at a normal hour tonight! I still haven't used "the wash my booty" thing in the bathroom. Maybe tomorrow?????LOL! GOODNIGHT BLOG WORLD!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Yay R! I'm so glad to hear you're okay. I saw the news coverage on the earthquake over there and was hoping you were safe! I hope you'll be able to enjoy Tokyo without any more shaking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that Anthony was yelled at and told to eat his ice cream in the back!!! I have gotten used to the time difference now, too, I think--though I will feel a lot better once we have these two shows under our belts again!!!

    ReplyDelete