Thursday, August 27, 2009

NO Way, I'm Not Eating That

My friend Michael came to town all the way from Boston, just to see me, well, to see Japan! I wish it was just to see me, but I'm sure I'm part of the equation some how! Well, he was very jet lagged, and I wanted to make him attempt to stay up to get on schedule, because he has a very short time here in Japan. I decided, because he was hungry, and so was I, to go out and find us a restaurant that caught our eyes. He picked one that looked kinda of interesting, but as soon as we walked inside I said "This place stinks"! He said " I don't smell anything, and let's just try it"! So we sit down, for our meals, and the waitress comes over, and doesn't speak any English. We point to a dish that looks like in the picture, some chicken! We say "Chicken"? and she says "No heal and Foot of cow! I said "Oh Hell No"! Then we found another picture that looked like pork, and we said "Pork"? She proceeded to pull out her tongue and point to it, then close her mouth, and say "Tongue"! I grab my bag and wallet. I point to the door, and walk swiftly out of there. All they could see was ass and elbows, cause that is how fast I ran out of that door!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha, JR!!! I would have done the same thing...did you guys end up finding something? And have a great time with your friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, I thought you were going to say that was the next dish on the menu ass and elbows! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a great time with my friend, and we did find food!

    Jen, I'm sure that was the next thing on the menu! That's why I ran out!

    ReplyDelete