Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas at The White House A Surprise Revelation for me!



Joining Oprah and the first family through the beautiful White House, was an amazing experience for me. First of all, I'm in love with there dog Bo, and wanted him for myself asap! He was the sweetest dog, I had ever seen. The house was really beautiful, and I couldn't even imagine, living in that house at the holidays! How could you not be in the Christmas spirit every single day? A warm fuzzy feeling, grazed my body as I watched this stunning special on t.v. The interesting thing about the interview with the Obama family, was that I felt like I was watching my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, or somebody I knew on the screen. There mannerisms, they way they spoke, there sense of humor. I know this sounds cliche, but now I understand more than ever, how important having the first family being an African American family, is to "us" as a culture. As you know, I never dreamed of this happening, and I'm all about may the best man or women win. I always knew that this was a special event, but the Christmas Special sent me over the edge. Wow, I can relate, to that person up there. If he can do it, so can my kids, cousins or any of my family members! The impossible dream, is now not so impossible anymore. Is this how Caucasians felt for years? Is this the feeling that was probably taken for granted? WOW, is this why Caucasian people felt relaxed in today's society? They got to sit at the most powerful seat for years, and also never felt like they couldn't reach and have what ever they wanted out of this life? This door has opened up for me, and I'm always one to try and break down a door! I'm glad I'm strong, but blessed to know that other young African Americans are watching, and feeling the exact same way! My wish now is that, other cultures: Latino Americans, Asian Americans etc. get to have the same feeling I'm having now someday!

6 comments:

  1. The sweetest dog you've ever seen besides Brewster, of course!
    I am so happy you have that feeling, J.R. It's been way too long coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna I miss you, and thanks! Now your little nephew can be president too! LOL! Yeah, second to Brewster of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your thoughts. I enjoyed this entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Tiffany you left a comment. I don't believe it, you silent reader you! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Child...Michelle betta watch...Oprah hold on for dear life in that pic! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOKAY, I'm surprised she aint holding on to Michelle! LOL..JOKING!

    ReplyDelete