Friday, December 18, 2009

Homeless v.s. Bum v.s. Wine Head!

How do you tell the difference between a homeless person, a bum, or a wine head? I have a serious problem with this, because you see I want to give to the world, and those in need! However I don't want to support a drug habit or someone who won't use the money for the right reasons! I gave up recently on giving to the people on the train or the streets. I felt so guilty lately saying no, when I'm blessed with so much! I'm like the Rosie O'donnell of the world, well, the poor version, and want to give, give, and give until no one is out on the streets. I wish there was a way to tell if your money is going for good or not? Back in the day I loved the people standing with the gimmick signs "Give Me a Dollar For Some Weed" signs! This would make me laugh, and I would think at least they are being honest! I would give them money, now I despise there honesty, because GO GET HELP, AND MAYBE YOU CAN GET OFF THESE STREETS! Or was this just a gimmick to get money for other things, like food....UGH!!!!!

My guilt is getting bad, but I'm learning to deal with it! Yesterday GOD knew I was feeling bad, and decided to step in and help me a little. I was ordering Chinese food from the corner Chinese restaurant! A homeless man looked at me in my eyes and pointed at me! I said "me" he nodded "yes". He put his head in the door and said "sorry sir, but I'm hungry, will you order me four chicken wings"! A big smile came over my face, and I said "Of course, come on in"! He said to me "Is this too much to ask for, can you afford it, I will just take an egg roll, if you can't afford the wings"!? I smiled even bigger "No, I can afford it"! Now this is the kind of a man, that I knew definitely didn't want alcohol or drugs! He was actually really hungry, and asked, exactly for what he wanted. I gave him more of course, four wings, shrimp fried rice, and an egg roll! Thank GOD for stepping in, and letting me help someone who looked so happy, and blessed by my actions! I watched a little as he tore through that food and finally said "Happy Holidays, and thank you so much sir, mmmmmm, this is so good"!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that story, JR! Way to show love to someone in need:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just makes me want to cry. I totally know where you're coming from though friend. You want to help, but help the 'right' people. I'm glad you blessed this man with a nice meal. I'm glad he didn't go to bed hungry that night! God bless you, friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete