Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Heart Was Happy

Yesterday as I got on the train I felt my heart get filled up with love, and I couldn't help but stare at some amazing New York City simple events! I saw a dad, pushing a stroller, and he had his little daughter and son! Something about seeing a dad take care of his two children, pulled at my heart strings. I watched the masculine man, push the stroller, listened to the roar of his New York City voice, and loved the precious moments he spent with his children. I think this gets me every time because I never had a dad growing up. It was always just me and my strong beautiful mother (Trudy)! When they got on the train, I watched out of the corner of my eye, in envy, in awe, as he played with the kids, explaining the New York City transit map to them, and just gave them all the love in the world. This made my heart very happy!

Then I got off the train to the gym, and was doing my workout! I was sweating, and not really wanting to be there, I kept day dreaming. I looked in one of the aerobic work out rooms, and inside I saw a Big Latino Man, ballroom dancing with an African American Male. I stopped, looked, and gagged, at how good they were. My eyes were mesmerized on the foot work, and the beauty, but yet the oddness of two men partnering each other! The big Latino man was the leader, and the skinny African American boy followed, as he turned, kicked, lunged, and dropped that head back to the ground in a layout. It was so stunning to watch, and motivated me for the rest of my work out. This made my heart very happy!

Lastly, I got back on the train to go back home, because I had a whole lot of homework to do, like learning this new monologue, Christmas cards, and learning some new music for my audition book! This time I got on the train upset, because it was so crowded and had to stand up. Ugh, I didn't want to stand, but right below was a little boy around 6 years old, and his mother. Nothing out of the ordinary about that, I watched them a little, and it was your normal mother/son relationship. Then about 10 minutes into the ride, the other mother grabbed the boys leg, and start playing in his hair. Oh, I didn't even know she was with them, I thought she was just another passenger on the train! This was a beautiful thing to behold, two moms taking caring of there son! My heart was very happy!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a train ride on the subway...in NY...can't say I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelle nice to meet you, and I'm enjoying being back on the subway. I'm sure I will be over it shortly! LOL!

    ReplyDelete