Monday, June 1, 2009

FEAR

I'm scared that one day I will crash into everyone "On The Line", and mess up the whole show!
I have a fear that I will crack really loud on stage in the middle of singing a solo.
I have a fear that I will have a panic attack on stage, and no one will know what to do.
I have a fear that the audience will hate me!

I'm scared of dying alone, a lonely old man, with no companion, to live this beautiful life with.
I have a fear of having too high of standards, and never meeting someone special.
I have a fear that after being with someone for 5 years or more, that I won't be sexually attracted anymore.
I have a fear that I'm so strong, that I will screw everything love has to offer up!

I'm scared of sex in the year 2009!
I have a fear of waking up itchy and scratchy...LOL
I have a fear of getting some big disease! I don't wanna go out like that!
I have a fear that I'm blocking out something in my child hood that makes me have so many sexual fears.

I'm scared that the tour will end and I will never work again.
I have a fear that GOD has given me so much, and that maybe I have reached my peak!
I have a fear that all my dreams won't come true!
I have a fear that people will figure out that I'm not as talented as they think!

I'm scared of spending my money!
I have a fear of struggling in New York City like when I first began my career.
I have a fear that this economy will never get better.
I have a fear of going through the "Great Depression"!!!!

I'm scared that Korea will be crazy and bomb us all.
I fear that with this crazy weather, that we are living in our last days!
I fear that our first African American president, will be our last.
I fear that we will get another Bush in office!

I'm scared of walking through African American neighborhoods alone.
I'm fearful that I will get jumped again, as I did as a teenager.
I have fear,that I will not be accepted by my own people, cause I dress, and look a little different.
I fear that I will wear the wrong color, and get shot!

Then I realize:


GOD HAS NOT GIVEN US A SPIRIT OF FEAR! HE HAS GIVEN UNTO US, A SPIRIT OF POWER, A SPIRIT OF LOVE, AND A SOUND MIND!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I was just about to write a blog that looks just like this! we are the same person...for real. I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. You wrote this and now I can write something else! LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen...I LOVE that verse, BTW. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly hon. Don't fear. Have hope and be smart.

    ~Alex

    P.S. You can find my blog by clicking my name. :) And I think I"m gonna post tonight.

    ReplyDelete