Friday, June 5, 2009

OCD

I have OCD, but I don't think it is terrible! Does that mean I'm crazy? Do I need drugs or a pill? I like having OCD, a little, it keeps me responsible, and tidy!!!!!

I make sure the towels are straight in the bathroom.

I turn around everything in the fridge to make sure, the label is pointing towards me.

I might walk half way out of the hotel, and on to the street, to walk back up the elevator/stairs to make sure my stove or iron is turned off.

I check my pockets alot to figure out if my wallet is still in tact.

I might see something I love on you tube, watch it a bunch of times. Come back from the gym re watch it again. Post it to my facebook. Send it to a couple of friends. Do the show, come home and watch it a couple more times. Wake up the next morning and watch it again.

I love Beyonce's song "Scared of Lonely", and I will listen to it over and over again, if it comes on my gym mix of my ipod. (What??? it is my theme song this year LOL).

If I get a text or an email on my phone, I have to make sure they are deleted after I read them. I hate a messy inbox. I delete everything even from my facebook. No Old Mail For Me.

I'm becoming obsessed with blogging!

OCD, OCD, I don't think it is that bad?

5 comments:

  1. I think it's good... especially since 90% of the stuff you listed, I do too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically, you can HAVE OCD or BE OC. But hey, if it works for you, go with it. Just don't be afraid to step outside your clean little box and let yourself get a little messy once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I am so with you on that one. Wow, I am the same way. Can you add to the list, "I go back and check to make sure my apt door is locked after walking at least a block away from my building." and "I have to wash henry's paws off after every walk" Germs have got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think every dancer/performer is at least a little OCD. There are certain things that I HAVE to do before every show or I don't feel ready; certain prayers I say, too. It started with ballet class, I think. Doing the same warm-up at the barre every day instills something in you. So yeah, some OCD can lend itself to discipline which is not a bad thing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica that makes so so much sense!!! Thanks boo!

    Ryan, if I had to worry about keys on tour, I would probably have the same problem. BUt I don't mind losing my hotel key, cause they will just make me another one.

    ReplyDelete