Monday, June 8, 2009

My 20 RECAP of the Tony Awards

I know I think I was a critic in another life, but this was my view of the Tony Awards 09! Mind you I watched with one of the deadly sin above my head. ENVY! GREEN WITH ENVY!!! Attleast I can admit it. So with that said this is what I thought.

!. The Opening Number Sucked!!!! We are going to see those shows perform already, and wanted something exciting, fresh, new for the opening!

2. Liza with a Z, was hideous! But I have seen her show, and it is captivating an amazing! So I forgive her. She is old school, and electrifies that stage.

3. The sound was Hideous!

4. Brett Michaels almost got killed with the set. I laughed so loud and hard, and then felt, so guilty. I hope he is OK!!???!!!

5. Stockard Channing, was amazing in Grease, But made me want to look away from her and love...Cause she sounded hideous.

6. Shrek, was fun! I can't believe he did that number on his knees. It was so what I expected and more. Cheesy but brilliant!

7. A acquaintance of mine, from working my "normal job" in NYC, won her TONY, Karen Olivio! Which was amazing to see, that dreams can come true. I cried thru her whole speech.,

8. I wanted to see every play presented on Broadway, Play not musical, they all looked really good!

9. That little Billy Elliott better have an amazing pay check, cause he was dancing and working his face off.

10. Rock of Ages Rocked my world! I loved every minute of it. Don't care what any one says, but Constatine sang his face off.

11. West Side story was West Side Story!

12. The road shows performing on the Tony's bored me!!! Who cares???? Sorry, and I'm on a tour. Shameless plugging is always weird for me.

13. Next TO Normal, Looks AMAZING!

14. Why was Alice Ripley screaming at us, when she won?

15. I love that Angela Landsbury is now tied for the most Tony awards won...CONGRATS YOU LEGEND!

16. GOD OF CARNAGE CAST LOOKS AWESOME!!! IT IS CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER WHEN I'M IN NYC..RE OPENING IN THE FALL!!!! UGH!! I WANNA SEE IT MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD.

17. I hated "Hair", they just jumped around alot,(cause that's what you do when your high, NOT) and stood on chairs in peoples faces...hmmm? I need to see that show, cause the Tony's didn't sell me. Nothing about the vocals was interesting to me. The staging sucked, so curious....hmm?

18. Can't wait to see Billy Elliott. P.S. I love that the man, made his wife join him on stage..AWESOME!

19. Wow, the Broadway Inspirational voices sounded amazing, singing what I did for love... Wow, we lost some talent this year. RIP!

20. The best part of the TONY'S for me was Neil Patrick Harris' closing SONG!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!




I hope I didn't offend any friends, but again it is just an OPINION!

3 comments:

  1. i really enjoyed watching the tonys last night and i agree w/ you on probably all of those points : )

    4. i laughed as well!

    13. i HAVE to see that now

    14. seriously, why was she screaming as us?

    20. i love him SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NHP was amazing. Liza with a "Z" was out of control, but at least she didn't sing to a track. "Hair"? Snore... Alice Ripley is crazy. She scared the crap out of me - why so mad, Alice? Why so mad? Don't yell at me! Constantine? I agree with you - his face was sliding off his body with that singing! He was so good! My favorite of the entire night, though, was Tituss Burgess.

    *sigh* I love Broadway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh damn, I'm pissed I forgot about Tituss! He was brillant, and a pro!!! I guess that is number 21!!!!!! Thanks for reminding me Jen.

    ReplyDelete