Tuesday, June 30, 2009

VIVA LAS VEGAS!


I get off the plane, and immediately I feel that heat of the outside hit me hard as a brick. I think to myself "Damn, it is hot as Hell"! We landed at 8;45 am and the pilot said "It is already 102 degrees". WOW, only in Vegas, and you would think it would cool down in the evening..NOPE, still 99 degrees at night! Anyway, I walk downstairs and get my luggage, and go get the car rental! I proceed to drive up Las Vegas Boulevard, and feelings all came a rushing back to me. Three years of my life I spent on this strip, in the beautiful Red Rock Canyon Mountains, and all over this city. I didn't notice how much I missed it until, I came back! Wow, I started to remember all the times with my "Mamma Mia" family! Everything swelled up inside of me. The adrenaline of it all, I became very excited. I didn't realize it until now, I love this town. You get the best of two words. The fast party life on the strip, and the quiet hiking mountain suburban life at home! Last night I went to the lounge in The Palms, to hear one of my favorite bands on the strip "Santa Fe"! They were amazing, the live horn section always gets me. Not to mention the 4 male singers. The most talented band ever. It is all so weird to me, all the talent in this town. Imagine, just walking through every lounge in the 100's of hotels. How much undiscovered talent is at your disposal, not including the Cirque Shows, Broadway Shows, Magic Shows, Musical Reviews, Comedy and I'm sure more. It was an awesome sweet night! Great music, friends and a glass of wine. Can't wait to unravel the rest of the week, and see what unfolds. This town has many fond memories for me, and I'm glad to be back in Viva Las Vegas!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're here! You're here!!! Can't wait for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete