Wednesday, July 7, 2010

BET Awards

I was late to watch the BET Awards on my tivo, but I was pleasantly surprised by the 2010 Awards Show! I actually start off with some smart comment about "Oh No Time For The Ghetto Awards Show", and as a matter fact, for the past 3 years, they have been one of the best awards show on T.V. The BET Awards really is entertaining and very good!

Chris Brown, was amazing dancer during the Michael Jackson tribute, taken Michaels moves with fluidity, and grace. Dancing his moves to the new millennium, while staying true to the late genius work. Then singing "Man In The Mirror", well attempting to sing it, as he stopped singing from emotion and tears. As the lyrics are so close to his life, being that he beats on women! OUCH, that was below the belt J.R. The real question is was his performance sincere? I don't know how if I bought it, however, I will not doubt the man and his talent. I do believe he is a gifted young performer, and I won't block his blessings.

The Queen, Latifah that is, was an awesome host, being very real, funny, and entertaining.

The audience was filled with beautiful people with there glasses raised, and dancing in the aisles. Partying like no other awards show has ever seen.

The Prince tribute was awesome as every performer was different, as they mastered there rendition from of this iconic genius. Janelle Monae was my favorite, as she captured the essence of the performer, and still keeping to her own style. Alicia Keys was good, until, she climbed up on the piano, and Prince clutched his pearls, as he looked a little frightened. I must admit I was frightened myself, stay true to yourself Alicia next time. Even Prince stated in his speech, you don't have to do what I do! LOL Which Prince' speech was simple but eloquent, and beautiful The tribute ended with the great Patti Labelle, sanging "Purple Rain", kicking off her shoes, and bringing down the house! However, I was very dissapointed that BET chose all women to perform in this tribute. I would loved to have seen Maxwell, or some male up there, to tribute the talented icon!

The best part of the whole awards show for me was El Dabarge, to see one of my favorite childhood icons, still looking good, and sounding amazing. He took me back to Junior and High School! OOOO that gives away my age a little, that slipped out. LOL Debarge was an artist that I connected to in my past, as he has a high falsetto like me, and his look was similar to mine. He surprised me, and stole the whole show for me. YAY BET!

Thank you Black Entertainment Television for staying classy, and keeping the show real, from the heart, fun, and entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment