Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inception


Everyone on my facebook page was like go see the movie "Inception", it is so awesome and brilliant. I listened to my friends, and ran to go see this big budget flick! I must say, and I know I will get flack for this. I didn't enjoy the movie at all. My brain hurt when I finished trying to piece through the movie. My brain was moving so fast, that I never got to relax and enjoy the film. I love the intellectual film, but this was a little over kill for me. Although, the actors were all fascinating, and great at there craft, I found myself falling asleep, and fidgeting in my seat. I didn't care what happened to any of them, and could care less about what was in the safe deposit box, that we spent the whole movie trying to get to. I DID NOT CARE ONE BIT!!!!!! They spent so much time building up the dreams, and how the whole thing worked with the mazes, and mind. That the relationships were not strong enough for me to care about a single character. I tried to care about Leo getting home to his beautiful kids. I tried to care about Ken Wantanbe getting shot, and wanting something from some random persons subconscious. I tried to care that Joseph Gordon-Levitt stole a kiss from Ellen Page. I tried to care about the random British dude, and the random Indian dude. I really did, if they would have dove a little bit deeper into there love and relationships, maybe I would of had some sort of feeling. I will say this Leonardo Dicaprio was the one character I had some type of feeling. The rest was a random mess of people and, they could have all gotten stuck in there dream state! They could have all been stuck in that hole forever, and I still wouldn't care! My positive note is that it is a great cast of actors. The ending was quite brilliant, and I won't give it away. You go make up your own mind on this big block buster. However, I won't be seeing it again!!!!!! I will say this randomly again, still, my favorite movie of the summer thus far is the simple yet beautiful "The Kids Are All Right", run to see that flick!

No comments:

Post a Comment