Friday, July 23, 2010

Look Who Came To Town

I was watching the only soap opera that I have been watching since I was a little kid, "The Young and The Restless"! If you read my blog you know I will not stop watching this show, and I don't care how cheesy or bad it gets. I love the "Young and The Restless", and as long it is on the air I will support that soap! The other day, I was watching it, and in comes this beautiful dark skinned vixen. At first I typed cast her, and said "Oh that is so nice they gave this really heavy set, dark skinned, black girl a nice day player role". I was being rude, ignorant, and following the soap opera protocol, as I have never seen anyone who looked like her on any soap. Then as I watched the episode, she kept having more and more lines. Then I saw her in bed with another actor on the show, and thought "What, they cast a big black girl in a re occurring role on a soap opera". YES THEY DID, and it was the most beautiful surprise I have ever seen in my life. "The Young And The Restless" is taking a step in the right direction, and kudos to them for casting the beautiful talented actress. This I think has made my whole week, and made me have faith in the business! Introducing Julia Pace Mitchell, the newest star on my favorite soap. She is so stunning on screen, and yet I will admit her acting isn't quite there yet. As I googled her, and saw her extensive training and resume. I'm sure her acting will get better, as I'm sure she is nervous, and hasn't quite found her soap opera grove yet. You will also recognize her as playing Biggie Smalls babies momma in the movie "Notorious" where her acting is top notch! I hope other soaps follow the "Young and The Restless", lead, and surprise a brotha with an amazing casting choice. It is the year 2010, and I think the world is ready!!!!! Below I posted an interview with the amazing new star of the show, watch and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. good for her for booking it and good for them for casting her!!!

    ReplyDelete